Stand collapsed, tank busted a seam

fishypets

I woke up this morning to this horrific site. :) Lost all the corals, fish and ¾ of my live rock had disappeared. The only thing that made it was an ugly little clown fish. Even my wood floors are destroyed! The good news is it was only a dream. Although it seemed so real it took me about 45 minutes this morning to realize nothing had happened. Don’t you just hate it when you have dreams like that?

My roommate and I were filling up our 75g we got on craigslist. I had mentioned that I hoped the stand held together as we were dumping our 50th or so gallon into the tank. No sooner than I said that, we heard "creeeeaaaak." Turned out to be a branch of a tree that snapped outside our apartment, but it gave us both a good scare :)

*Whaps Clint upside the head*

OMG I log on to ARC and gasp when I see your post. My co-worker asks what's wrong so I'm reading it out loud as I look at it . . .then get to the part where it's just a dream. :) You really had me going!

The whole house ran to read this, I'm at family's house.

I had to do the 'ol welfare check last night when our top-off pump kicked in...........Dude this isn't something to joke about!!!! Glad to hear it was a dream.

I hate it when that happens. . .

I was making water the other night. The wife and I both feel asleep on the couch. Got up to go to bed and forgot about the water. Luckly I had sealed the base boards and a small stream of water was runnig out the garage the next morning (from the runn-off water barrel). :doh: Just order the parts to Auto shut off the water to that barrel.

The dog house has been pretty cold the last couple of nights. :lol:

Dave-

Edited by dapettit
I wish I could spell

Actually, it is pretty amazing that this has never happened for real. I have never heard of a stand collapsing, and even a split seam is *extremely* rare. Given how much weight and pressure are on these things, that is nothing short of amazing.

However, as I read your initial description, I was wondering how a collapsed tank would make your live rock "disappear"

I was worried for you when I first read. I am glad I have not had a dream like that.

Although, when I was doing fresh water I did wake up to a 140 gal where about 40 gal had leaked out on the floor from a leak that was not there when we went to bed. Luckily we have tile floor. Still it took us a couple of hours to get the all over the living room floor.

The good part is that is when I decided to switch to salt water. Ben loving the adventure ever since.

Still it took us a couple of hours to get the all over the living room floor.

The good part is that is when I decided to switch to salt water. Ben loving the adventure ever since.

Yeah chark, salt water is SO much easier to clean up when it spills across the living room. :doh: