controllers?

offroadodge

so what does everyone think about the reef keeper lite level 3? or The ACIII, one is $280, other is $509 dont know what i want or if i need the email alert option? I guess that i need someone to convince me. Also not a programmer and would need assistance with programing. WOW thats alot to ask i know but had an issue this morning with CO2 valve not opening. WEIRD but anyways give me your input

I started up this same thread a while back. The extra features of the AC3 really seem worth it if you have the cash for the system. Especially as you can pick up used for a pretty good price. If you don't care about the iphone app or additional programmability the RKL will do well for you all the same

Ya i dont think i want to be notified at work via my phone, and i dont have an iphone. Just figured id put the return pump on a ups backup so if the power went out it would atleast keep the tank moving. Looked on reefcentral for a used ACIII and they were all spoken for,where else could i find one?

the aciii's on RC move fast. You have to know what you are looking for (I can help) and what you are willing to pay (I can help there too).

It's the single best thing i've bought for the tank. I used to scoff at the price, but now that I have one, I'd buy another one in a heart beat.

I'm happy to talk to you more about it and if you want to drop by and check mine out, I'm game for that too.

would love to do that, this weekend my parents are coming in town so it wouldnt be good. Maybe sunday afternoon. Also i know your busy going outta town and all so lets try to setup a time. Either way. Money wise i could buy either but i know how this trade is, used is most of the time just as good W/O the big price.

I have done alot of research on this subject. and hands down the ACIII is the best out, not to mention it can be run via iphone or ipod touch that option is worth its weight in gold. to beable to go on vacation and feed your fish or if the temp gets to high to control fans and lights with a simple app is fantastic. i will be back on the road soon and this is the first thing i will get, even if it was 600 bucks i would still get it. not to mention you can code your own f/w for it. sure you can get the RF and vpn into your home system and control everything but that means you have to always carry a PC with you. and at any givin time you cant just hit an app and look at your full setup. right now when i go away for a day or 2 i can turn on my webcam via my iphone and look at my tank but its going to be great to look at it and be able to control it too. just my .02

Matt

Pug help me set my ACIII up this past Friday, programming it is very straightforward and the functionality is awesome. I got mine used, fully loaded, on Reef Central for $325 shipped. That came with all three sensors and an 8 outlet plug. I HIGHLY recommend one.

Pug help me set my ACIII up this past Friday, programming it is very straightforward and the functionality is awesome. I got mine used, fully loaded, on Reef Central for $325 shipped. That came with all three sensors and an 8 outlet plug. I HIGHLY recommend one.

What sensors did you get?

For peeps who are still shopping, Apex Lite was announced @ MACNA... essentially same as Apex minus PH/ORP port and variable speed ports for $100 less... available in 4-6wks...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1712720

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1718059

Btw, for those price shopping, Eckreef and I were able to get our Apex package (head unit, display, EB8, temp probe, ph probe) for $436 delivered biggrin.gif