Montipora eating Nudibranchs

GKarshens

As many of you know I have had a problem with these Nudibranchs. I am ordering an Ornate Wrasse to try and control them. I thought I would post some pics so that anyone that doesn't know what to look for will see them. Make sure to check all frags and rock you get from anyone!

Here are the eggs:

nudi_eggs.jpg

nudi_eggs2.jpg

And here are the actual Nudis:

nudis.jpg

nudi.jpg

Unfortunately, Monti eating nudis are probably one of the most difficult pests to eliminate, nothing seems to work 100% efficientl. As a last resort I tried applying kalk paste to the infested areas of the coral, although it did seem to have an effect on the nudis themselvs, it didnt have a long term affect on the eggs, resulting in total removal of all Montepora species from the system.

I'm glad you don't have any Nudis! Yes, it is always a good idea to let any salt mix for at least 24 hours before doing a water change.

Update on my problem: I found 1 nudibranch a couple days ago and removed it. I am still waiting for the wrasse to come in. All my remaining Montis seem to be doing good.

• 3 months later...

How is the wrasse helping with the nudis? I think I picked up some monti-eating nudis from a green cap from hobogato at the march meeting. :D

Not his fault, but I should've QT'ed it and checked it with a fine tooth comb before adding it in :D

Edited by Noodle