Looking to buy top-off system

Daisy82

Does anyone have a top off system for a reasonable price? My tank is evaporating like crazy. I also have some items to trade (or partial trade) for a top off if anyone's interested - an Eheim filter, some mushrooms (green, blue and purple), some leathers........ Just let me know!

Not at all, polarbear :) RO is the best way to go. I have been using an RO/DI unit that is set up in my garage. I may just be really lazy, but it is a real pain to get the water going (I have to go into the garage and set up a bucket, go around the house, turn on the faucet, make sure it doesn't overflow, go back around the house to turn it off - usually walking through some mud because the hose leaks sometimes, trying not to trip on the dogs - then haul the water to the tank trying not to spill on the laminate flooring - then I try to get it into the sump without spilling but that never happens ........... then I do it again a few days later. arg.)

I tried storing the water, but that did not work. It lasted about a week before it started to smell, even though it was a brand new container. Since my tank loses about a gallon and a half per day, I'm looking forward to getting a top off system to cut back on all that water hauling. I'm also planning on installing an RO system in the kitchen to make things more convenient.