Looking for Furniture Repairer/Woodworker

reefman

Some of you have probably seen the thread in the Diary section on the canopy and stand I had shipped from Florida, and the damage that the shippers did.

I should know more tomorrow, but fortunately I insured the shipment, and it looks like I should be getting a settlement from the insurance company soon on it.

So...I'm looking for recommendations from anyone for a good woodworker or furniture repairer that might want to take on the job.

Because of the size and weight of the stand, the person would have to come by, figure out what they needed in terms of materials, and then make the repairs here. I have exact brand and shade of the stain it would take. The stand was built out of select pine, and I've heard B&M has a good selection, so I can work out the details and cost for the repair if I can find someone.

I would appreciate any ones suggestions. I'll post this in the "Want to Buy" section as well.

Thanks.

Try Mike Stole of Stole Custom Carpentry 512-587-6004. He is a friend and does great work! If he is too busy to get to it, ask him if he knows any one. He knows some of the best carpenters in town. You can tell him James Logan referred you.

Did you see the show about the Hawaiian aquarium light only by the sun? I am interested in how your project is going to work. There is a guy on nano-reef.com that has a sun lit fuge.

Thanks for the name, James, I'll give him a call.

Are you talking about that show on KLRU about the aquarium at Waikiki? If so, yes we saw that. I still plan on using Metal Hilides and fluorescent lights, but what I want to try to do is somehow channel or reflect the morning sun that this window gets down into the top of the tank. Right now, this is all conceptual in my mind, but I have been reading threads on Reef Central on how many people in Australia and here in the states (like Arizona) are using "Sola Tubes" to light their tanks. There is a thread on ARC by Hobogato where he made spider reflectors out of the same material they use for Sola Tubes.

BTW, are y'all going to buy the Red Kuda from Sea Monkey?

Stephen

I am talking about that show. Man it was cool! Yeah I have seen Ace's reflectors and they are sweet.

In a more exciting note the Red Kuda has a new home here in south austin! He also gave us a gulf pipefish! The pipefish has eaten and is doing well. The seahorse is a little shy, but that is typical.

We will take pics and keep everyone posted.