Pics from my tank

alasg001

I have a pretty crappy camera so please try not to be to harsh. Here is a few pics I took while playing with it. Hope you all like them.

The first is the wave action on the top surface of the tank. Do you think I need Vortec because I really want one. Next are some corals and a pic of part of my tank.

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

Edited by alasg001

Looks good! I really like your zoanthids. What type of lights are you using?

For the past 12 months I was using 150W HQI metal halides from Current. I just switched to some 20k spectrum SPS 150W bulbs. I dont run any actinics bulbs because the Current Sunpod light fixture does not have any. I am not handy dandy and dont know how to make an actinic addition to my light set up, but the lights have been more than enough in my opinion. I prefer the whiter 14k but my wife wanted a little bluer look. My rule is to keep her happy.

beatifull tank, is it only 55g? it sure does look bigger with that many colorfull corals

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Yes its only a 55 gallon tank. My wife said thats all I am allowed to play with. She knows me well enough to set my limits. I have a few more areas I am looking to fill with some choice corals. Then I may be done. That is until I find something else and have to sell off something to make room. haha