frag help

Chrispar

No need really, just attach the plug to your live rock with super glue or epoxy. The zoas will eventually grow over it along with coraline and you won't see it anymore. If it's a plug with a stub on it you can cut/break it off with a pair of wire cutters.

+1 to what vwmike said. Zoas will eventually overgrow the plug and you won't see the plug ever again.

Here is a picture of when I first got some zoa's on a plug that I epoxied the whole thing onto the rock (January):

IMG_0714.JPG

And here is what they looked like in June:

IMG_1746.JPG

And what they looked like in mid-August (not the best picture, but gives an idea):

IMG_2573.JPG

And they have grown even more since that picture .. I notices they have surrounded the little SPS the above picture.

You could still remove it. Thankfully super glue isn't so super underwater. I use a hammer and a chisel to chip away at large plugs before I mount them. That way I leave the zoa still attached to the plug so as not to disturb them and I get a little something to glue them down with.