need auto top off for sump

aeroaustin

any idea where I can install auto top off for my sump. I has lots of water evaporate. water level in DT and skimmer area has stable for few weeks but the return area has lose about 2 gallons every 2 or 3 days.

I wonder that I should install auto top off in the return area? I already bought RO/DI unit.

Install the ATO where ever you are losing water. It will not be in the tank. I use the return area. I have built several ATO. I have never done one from a RO unit, but from what I understand a holding tank for good RO is a must. There are a couple of good ATO units out there. Look at the TopDose units on ebay. The are modestly priced and have a cool form factor, but the JBJ and TUNZE ones are cool too.

you use ato in the return area. my return area is lost some gallon of water. I will look it up for ato from ebay and other store. I am planning not to use it direct from Ro/DI. will buy 5 gallon jug and hole the bottom of jug with hose direct to ATO to Return area? will be fine?

also one question for you.. about 10 % changes drain water from DT with hose and added new salt mix with RO/DI to skimmer to replace? how it process, This is my first time with sump, I did with dt but now with Sump.

slow dripping or how much water will removed from DT?

Your top off needs to be installed in the same part of your sump that your return pump is in. As the water evaporates, that's where the water level will change.

I have mine connected directly to my RO/DI unit using float switches and solenoid valves from here: http://autotopoff.com/index.html

There's a lot of ways to set up an auto top off. You can make it really simple and cheap to really complex and expensive. You just have to read up on the different ways to decide what you want to do.

Whatever you do, think real hard about what could go wrong with your setup and cause a flood.

For water changes, I guess you could take the water from wherever you want. I take mine from my sump as it works out to about 15% of my overall volume. I just pull the plug on my retun pump, drain the sump and put fresh water back in, then pluig the return pump back in.