Female Green Mandarin

GKarshens

I have a male and a female. The male is very fat and the female is very skinny. She is constantly hunting the rocks and in good health, she just needs a tank with more pods. I would be willing to give her to a good home and if you have a frag to spare that would be great. It would have to be at least a tank with over a 100lbs of rock and no other pod eaters (fairy wrasses, sand sifting gobies, other mandarins)

• 4 weeks later...

is it strictly a pod eater, or has it adjusted to any other type of food? What type of "pods" do these eat? The tiny ones, or the ones that look like small shrimp running around on their sides? Sorry to be pod ignorant.

Jim

sounds like Mike's (oops sorry caferacermike's :)) tank is the best place for her. I wish I could have, but the small copepods seems to have been outcompeted by the larger amphipods. Glad you found a home.

Jim

• 6 months later...
:wave: I also have a female green madrin that is constantly hunting for pods to eat. I am afraid there are not enough pods for her. She is becoming more and more skinny .I am somewhat new to the world of aquarium keeping. I would like to give her to a good home. I have a 60 gl reef tank and am struggling to learn my way through the; oops, that can't be good, syndrom. lol. I would like a few more soft corals , since I only have about 6 corals in my tank.if anyone had a soft coral frag ot two they wanted to use as trade in for the mandrin, that would be great. I hope this is the right place to add this post, if not, i'm sorry. :)

The ARC is the nearest club to my home, about 45 minute drive. I didn't think about it being too far away for most others to drive, sorry. :wave: I have to drive to Austin, even Waco and as far away as Dallas or Houston to find decent corals, livestock etc. I go to the AQUA Dome a lot!! good place to go.I just found out about a product called Arcti Pods that can be fed to mandrins. How kewl is that. :D I may try that. I enjoy my mandrain, a pretty cool fish.Seems like s/w reef tanks involve a constant learning process, along with a LOT!!!! of MONEY!!!! and TIME!!! :)