skimmer collection

Chrispar

my skimmer doesnt seem to be producing to much waste in the collection cup. Is this due to the fact that my tank doesnt have that high of a bioload?

Its a 29 tall with a Royal gramma and a fire shrimp and a CUC 5 hermits and 5 snails

Oddly enough i have noticed a greatly reduced skinmate collection in the last week for myself as well. Though the skinmate I have is very very dark. I've had a very strange few weeks recently though for the tank so I don't know. Maybe something to do with air pressure. I'm running a Aqua-C remora downdraft style skimmer.

its a Bakpak skimmer, with the preskimmer box the tank is about 3 weeks old

its a used skimmer got it off prof, i put a new rio on it so its pretty much a new skimmer.

im getting small amounts of dark skimmate but i dont see a constant flow of foam

you might want to see about adjustments that you can make and get a wetter skimmate. I am not familiar with those, so I cant tell you how. Unless its a remora where a rubber band adjusts the height of the collection cup.

You dont have much of a bio-load and your tank is super new. i didnt run a skimmer for about a month after i setup my tank. just to make sure i didnt skim and needed bio to help the tank produce what it needed. i dont know if thats the way to go or if its a good idea but it seemed like a good idea to me.