Opinions on this light.

Beretta

I've been absent lately, mainly due to work and a blog project I'm working on (not related to reefing). My 29g in my office is currently stocked with LPS/SPS corals, and I'm running a 250w coralvue pendant with a 14K phoenix bulb. My thoughts are I'm running too much light. Most of my corals are doing ok, but it seems I'm pushing the upper limit of my lighting, as some corals have started to brown and I'm not getting much growth. I've wanted to do T5 lighting since I started this tank, but 30 inch fixtures have been difficult, if not impossible to come by that have adequate lighting for a LPS/SPS tank. Lo and behold, Catalina has a 30" fixture now, and for a reasonable price $225. http://www.catalinaaquarium.com/product_info.php?cPath=71_136&products_id=1414.

Would this fixture give me enough light, and hopefully not be too much light? I don't know what wattage I should be running for a t5 setup on a 29g tank. Advice will be greatly appreciated. Also, if I decide to get this light, I'll be selling the pendant and the icecap ballast that goes with it. The ballast is less than a year old.

I'm running this one (4x24w) on my 29g ($208), which is very similar

sundial 30"

If you're wanting to run SPS you may want a little more power or different bulbs. That said my LPS and softies are fine, I've had a few SPS that are surviving but not thriving.

I think Southside45 may be looking to sell the same fixture...

i have the sundial lighting setup on my 20gal. it a nice quality setup by you are going to want new bulbs the factory bulbs a junk. After looking at the price of around $200 plus for the lights than another $80 for the you are at $ almost $300. So for an extra $40 you can get the 4x24 light fixture from AIT. Witch comes with the best bulbs and reflectors you can get. ATI 4x24

i had a 42g and i used a corallife aqua pro it was 250w MH w phoenix 14k and 2 compact pc lights it was 380 total i believe. and had luner lights. i really liked this fixture and regret selling it. not that i have a use for it but non the less i liked the fixture it was 24" but would fit up to a 33" tank. i think it kinda expensive but well worth the cash. my tank loved this light, my corals grew extremely well sps and lsp. also it being ontop of my tank my tank would only fluctuate the heat by 1 degree. if i had it to do all over again id get the 38" version for my 90g and run canopy less.. aquatek uses the 46" version on all their SW tanks. they use the 2x 250w MH with the phoenix 14ks and 4 PC lights. Robert.H now has this light and loves it aswell. they also have a 150w version too.