Anyone heard of Aquaripure denitrators?

reefman

Still having Nitrate issues in that corner tank. In fact, it appears they are on the climb again.

In the process of looking for solutions, I came across these (http://aquaripure.com/). Even a large one rated for 180 - 250 gal tank is $249, which when compared to the sulphur type ones I've seen is a lot less expensive.

Another interesting thing I saw on their site is although you do need to "feed" it weekly for max efficiency, you can feed it either sugar water, or (John, this should be of interest to you per our previous conversation) VODKA!

To update, I'm doing 20% water changes ever 7 days or so, I have cut back fishing feedings to one cube a day, cut back coral feedings to a few drops of ChroMax daily and DT's and Zoo plankton once or twice a week, removed all the bio-balls, vacuum all sediment out of the bottom of the sump when I do a water change, and put Cheato in the chamber with a nano dual compact fixture where the bio-balls were. Best Nitrate reading I have gotten was around 20ppm. Its now back up to over 40ppm again.

Stephen