600 Gallon Reef

GMFett

Here are some pics of the recently finished cabinets and equipment on my 600 gallon reef located in Austin, TX. I'm pretty new to the site so I figured I'd post up some pics. This thing has been a long time in the making and I owe special thanks to Brian and John from Kingfish Aquariums for all their help and advice. Kingfish recently designed and manufactured these cabinets. More photos can be viewed under the photos tab at:

More Photos Here

Enjoy the eye candy!!!

-GMFett

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

Whoa. Impressive. Most impressive...

Hey brotha, could you spare a frag of those blastos(?) on your Longhorn Reef frontpage? :) That skimmer is insane! How tall is it? It looks about 4'. I bet the volume of the "nog" cup can be measured in multiple gallons.

Again, amazing.

Austinvines- Thanks man. The skimmer is 39 inches. I just got rid of a 5 foot tall euro reef. I think the engineering of the Deltec's pumps and body shape makes this skimmer far more efficient. The nog seems to be thicker and chunkier than it was with the ER. Both skimmer worked but the Deltec has noticably more efficient results.