Cabo Snorkeling trip

medi

Nice! Aaaa.. makes me want to go on vacation.

It was very nice, but as always it was difficult to come home.

The camera was an Olympus Stylus850SW. It is a neat little camera that I picked up at Sam's. It says it is waterproof to 10 ft, but I took it down to 30 on this trip with no problems, drop proof from 5 feet, and freezeproof. We purchased this camera as our "childproof" camera, so that hopefully our kids can learn to use it without tearing it up. I guess it is only a cheap camera in comparison to what I have spent on my Canons.

It was very nice, but as always it was difficult to come home.

The camera was an Olympus Stylus850SW. It is a neat little camera that I picked up at Sam's. It says it is waterproof to 10 ft, but I took it down to 30 on this trip with no problems, drop proof from 5 feet, and freezeproof. We purchased this camera as our "childproof" camera, so that hopefully our kids can learn to use it without tearing it up. I guess it is only a cheap camera in comparison to what I have spent on my Canons.

Well off to Sam's I go!!

I am leaving for Florida in a couple of weeks...I am going to try to snorkel...this should be hilarious...I don't even know where to start...wacko.gif

I'm hoping one of the surf shops can guide me. At least I'll have a decent camerawink.gif

Well off to Sam's I go!!

I am leaving for Florida in a couple of weeks...I am going to try to snorkel...this should be hilarious...I don't even know where to start...wacko.gif

I'm hoping one of the surf shops can guide me. At least I'll have a decent camerawink.gif

What part of Florida? I lived there most of my life before moving to Texas.

Very cool Medi! This is something I've wanted to do for a while...can't wait until we can afford to take a real vacation again!!!! Did you sneak anything home?

Dena

What part of Florida? I lived there most of my life before moving to Texas.

Hey Dave,

Boca Raton...we lived there for a while and my parents have been there for 20 years...I will also go to Miami and was told to hit Key Largo for great snorkeling...but I am scared to death!!! Sometimes I can't walk and chew gum at the same time without falling on my arshhh...have you snorkeled before? any tips?sad.gif

We snorkeled at St. Coix and St. John's State Park. Robin, myself and our daughter Christian had no idea what we were doing but it didn't stop us. We had a lot of fun!

Two thing to remember:

1. If you take the snorkel underwater be sure to have enough breath to clear the snorkel when it is out of the water.

2. Since the water is so clear depth (in my case) was a little decieving.

Dave-

Sorry about hijacking the thread. . . :(

Snorkeling is easy, you will love it Mama. My pregnant wife did it just fine last year.

But beware, snorkeling leads to wanting to scuba dive smile.gif

They say you should walk into the water backwards because of your flippers...where should I get this "gear"?? Should I rent or buy?

I can't see me diving yet....I lose my mind at the community pool diving for a pennywacko.gif

Renting is fine for snorkeling, especially for trying it out. If you get serious about it, then you should look into getting a mask/fins/etc that fits perfectly. But no need to purchase things to find out you don't like it. If you are snorkeling off a beach, there will probably be places right there to rent from.

Very cool Medi! This is something I've wanted to do for a while...can't wait until we can afford to take a real vacation again!!!! Did you sneak anything home?

Dena

Unfortunately not....well not anything involved with aquariums anyways. I definitely thought about it, but just couldn't think of anyway to keep them alive or get them through customs.

+1 again for renting. Just make sure it is quality before you take off, otherwise you will be clearing your mask every 2 minutes.

+1 again for renting. Just make sure it is quality before you take off, otherwise you will be clearing your mask every 2 minutes.

Thanks for the encouragement and advise...I just told my best friend that I was planning on snorkeling in the Keys and she got all bug-eyed and told me her niece crapped herself recently snorkeling in the Keys because a shark was coming at her....I am looking for a new best friendangry.gif