can i borrow a 90g barrel?

mFrame

I'm building out my 90g this weekend and need to borrow a 90g barrel for mixing water. Anyone have one I can borrow? If not, know a good source for them? I live in south Austin.

Why not mix the water in the tank?

But, back to your question. There used to be a barrel selling place on the southbound feeder road of I-35 right before Main Street in Buda. Not sure if it is still there, as I don't go that way much. I believe the address might be somewhere in a thread here, as the place has been brought up before.

• 2 weeks later...

First, thanks to Prof for the offer of loaning a tub, he's a great guy! Prof, I'll be giving you a shout in the next 2 weeks.

Just wanted to provide an update on barrels, I went by Barrel City USA (15000 S I H 35 - (512) 295-8539) last Saturday. Though stock is running low, they have the white 55g barrels for $30. These are food grade quality, previously used for cooking oil for restaurants. They lids have two caps with 3/4 threaded popouts, perfect for attaching plumping. Here's the cool part:

City of Austin Water customers currently qualify for a $30 rebate for purchase of "rain barrels".

"Receive one $30 rebate for every 75-gallon rainbarrel purchase (either one large rainbarrel or a

combination of two smaller rainbarrels) with a maximum of four rebates per account."

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/watercon/downloads/rbrebateapp.pdf

Archived