Peppermint shrimp for sale

barderer

$5 a pop. Central Austin enfeild and mopac, or I can meet you at work at 2222 and 360.

Lysmata wurdemanni size 0.5"-1.5", reef safe very peaceful.

721909804_7477086b5b_b.jpg

Lysmata hochi size 0.5"-2", reef safe very peaceful. Tend to be a little larger than wurdemanni, may be a better choice if you have large fish.

909617055_c824859ae2_b.jpg

Both eat Aiptasia.

Aiptasia_sp2.jpg

Most varieties sold in stores are imported from Florida where they are caught by the 1000's in lobster traps. That's why they are cheap. That variety, called Lysmata rathbunae, do not eat aiptasia. They look almost identical to Lysmata wurdemanni.

N

I think you're right. That's why most people offer them to trade or get store credit at a LFS. I'm about to go on a collection with MAAST and I remember them saying in one of their posts that you can't sell this stuff legally.

Dena

Oh by the way in case you were wondering...In response to stoneroller and Dena, since I know they are concerned for my well being in this issue... I have the legal commercial license to sell these shrimp. If anyone has concerns about that sort of thing I can of course show it to on pick up. So you can rest assured everything your doing is perfectly legal! :)

It would be great if people showed this kind of concern for all marine livestock products they buy. But I rarely hear questions like, "where did that mandarin come from?", "Was is obtained legally?", but I digress...

Edited by barderer

Good for you for having the license and supporting the fish and game efforts or whatever they call that. Actually, I do question people about things...like that guy that brought home all them crabs and then wanted to find a place for them because his set up wasn't done yet. I was like "then why did you bring them home if you can't care for them". It kind of comes from dealing with people over the last 11yrs that abuse and neglect their dogs and I have to "fix" them or put them to sleep. Trust me, if I knew what questions and when to ask them, I'd be in a lot of people's business with marine stuff. The more I learn and am involved with something, the more of a pain in the butt I become. I have learned to hold my tongue though....most of them time.

Definitely no hard feelings intended!!!

Dee biggrin.gif

Oh by the way in case you were wondering...In response to stoneroller and Dena, since I know they are concerned for my well being in this issue... I have the legal commercial license to sell these shrimp. If anyone has concerns about that sort of thing I can of course show it to on pick up. So you can rest assured everything your doing is perfectly legal! smile.gif

It would be great if people showed this kind of concern for all marine livestock products they buy. But I rarely hear questions like, "where did that mandarin come from?", "Was is obtained legally?", but I digress...

thanks, btw you also technically you need a license to trade your collected shrimp with your LFS or here on the club. Store credit and other coral etc. or anything that can be sold for monetary gain or used like money, store credit. Since we are going into technicals here. :)