Washing machine flooded house

Stephen

ok my tank has been setup for only a month and a half! I already need to move it because yesterday my washing machine pumped out over 200 gallons on my carpet and it's all ruined. I need advice! The carpet has all been torn out except what's under the stand. So i'm going to have to figure out how to move it when they come lay new carpet later this week. I have a 58 gallon tank with 25 gallon sump, 60 lbs LR. I figure right now it weighs around 900 lbs with everything including stand. What should I do? I'd like to hear any thoughts! Anyone want to help? lol oh man.

My live stock is easy 2 clowns and only 5 frags.

Rubbermaid tubs from home depot are your friend. I think prof (epic reef) has some 50G ones for sale cheap. You could move your live rock over there, put enough water to cover it and drop a couple of power heads in. Same with sand. get a buddy to watch your frags and clowns (or just have one on stand by) in case you have a mini-cycle when you put it all back together. I just had to do the same thing but on a smaller scale.

Sorry to hear that, had it happen to me in my last house and it is a royal pain.

Is it safe to assume a hose ruptured? If so (or not), this is about the best $20 you can spend on your washer dryer. And even though they're called "rupture proof", they can still fail and should be replaced every 3-5 years.

stainless steel washer hoses

039899885740md.jpg

I have one of Profs 50g tubs right now.. i was lucky that dave and epic reef are such good people to our community i had a problem of i was upgrading and i put my 42g tank on craigslist and a lady contacted me and wanted it right then couldnt wait.. and didnt want to lose the sale as this isnt an easy tank to sell.. but anyway dave was nice enough to lend me a 50g tub..

I had this happen to me at an apartment. I just had the carpet guys leave me a piece that would cover the tank foot print. The put tack strips around the entire tank and you couldnt even tell that there was different carpet under the tank. The carpet guys can make it perfect!! Colors and more is the company that the apartment used and they were great!

ok so with all the equipment in my house drying out the walls my current temperature inside the house is around 99!! Tank temp is 92.. all my corals are dead.. and my clowns are struggling!! Anyone around slaughter and 35.. I need someone to babysit my fishes, i dont want to loose them. :) This would be temporary, maybe a week or so.

So has anyone ever claimed their tank on their home owners insurance? This disaster is a direct result of my house flooding. I talked with the LFS a d they said they would write me a quote for my livestock. Any advice?

I have farmers insurance

Edited by Stephen

Is your replacement cost going to exceed your deductible? Do you have receipt to prove your previous purchases? Saying you got a frag for $10 from vwmike won't cut it. Also, is it worth risking possible cancellation due to a claim? Ins companies say they won't cancel you for making a claim, but I have an aunt and a friends grandmother who know better firsthand....

to make things easier you might be able to drain the tanks water into trash cans without removing any of the rocks. then lift one side of the tank stand high enough to get a furniture dolly under it, then do the same with the other side. move the tank into its temporary location then just put the water back in.