4th disaster

Kkiel02

Well after being away a day and a half I came back to my purple with green tipped bta gaping open. All the others were fine(rose and green with purple tips) I checked the parameters and verything was in check. Don't really know what went wrong. It was about 8 inches across and been in there about 2 months now. It was also the largest of the three by alot. Just sad as this was the hosting anemone for my clowns. I was thinking maybe they got a little rough or a chemical warfare broke out. Well that sucked, it's in my 10gallon right now but I doubt it has a chance at this point.

He actually attached to the glass but has his mouth wide open at this point. He has been deflated for a day now. Im just suprised it attached as it is looking bad. I am going to be moving here in about a month so I set up a 55 gallon at my mom's to hold everything during the move, so if it starts looking any better I will take it over there to reduce the chance of chemical warfare.

Oh yeah and it wont eat at this point as its mouth is wide open and its insides, well arent inside anymore.

Edited by Kkiel02

If all his guts are outside, that's not a good sign. Strange that it happened that fast if it was really healthy when you left. Maybe it was chemical warfare so was there anything close to it that would fight with it?

If you suspect chemical warfare, it wouldn't hurt to put some carbon filtration in to try to stop that.

When my GBTA died, it expelled its intestines. It can reabsorb them if it recovers, so don't do anything to move/damage them if it is in that state. Once they broke off of mine it was quickly his end. Here are some pics of his decline anemone

Yeah my newest bta (been in the tank about a month) is pretty close to it. Same rock just around a corner. I added carbon yesterday but he didn't make it. It's kind of amazing how anemones can be so hardy but also so sensitive at the same time. Yeah the other thing that kind of confused me was the rapid decline of this anemone. When I left he was looking good and spread way out. Then within two days he just withered away.

On a better note though I got my t5s yesterday!