Lawnmower: What to feed?

jsr

I seem to have bad luck with lawnmowers. This is my second one, and he does not seem to be eating enough. I have been adding some brown/green algae sheets but he will not touch it. I see him nipping on the rocks, but the guy looks so skinny. Anyone have a sure fire solution on what to feed?

Thanks in advance....James

I'd like to know too. Bert (my lawnmower blenny) is really thin and he hasn't taken to the nori I just tried. Just kinda sniffed at it and swam away. Also wont take flake. He will munch hair algae tho. Only thing I can think of now is to try an algae tank and swap rocks in and out.

Mine eats everything. Nori, mysis, arctic pods and flake. I have had it for almost 2 years. Not sure how I got him to do that. I think he just followed the lead of the tangs.

I've had mine for a few months now and he just started eating on his own the minute I got him. I never really had to do anything...just put the algae in the tank. I clip some green and purple algae in my tank for my Hippo tang and my lawnmower just swims up and eats at it....he actually sits on top of the clip itself.

Well, at this point i have started feeding more and cleaning off the glass less. He seems to be thickening out and seems more energetic like when i first got him. Also, between him and a copious snail population I seem to be able to keep the glass pretty clean without cleaning at this stage. So, a fine trade off. I'll take slightly green glass for a healthy blenny.

Mine wouldn't ever eat nori or mysis...or anything on the rocks. Ended up getting really skinny and dying. That stinks as I hate losing fish and he was really cool.

Seems like its luck of the draw somewhat.

Had one that was fat then just stopped eating and died ! So I was going to go another kind of blenny, but the wife had to get another lawnmower man fish ! :angry: Got another one eats everything. Frozen, flakes, pellets even the veggie rounds! I thought my tangs would starve him out It's 9mos later & they better be quick or there's "No Soup For You !!!" :D