Critters by the pond

cmanning

Great pictures... and that Luna Moth is beautiful! To be able to see one of those in your backyard is cool.

Now you are making me want to get pictures of the Painted Buntings that come to our feeder and pond...

Great pictures... and that Luna Moth is beautiful! To be able to see one of those in your backyard is cool.

Now you are making me want to get pictures of the Painted Buntings that come to our feeder and pond...

Thanks .

OMG!! So that's what they're called. First time I saw them...just this past month, one perched near by a birdbath, just outside my kitchen window. I was in AWE and didn't know what kind/name of bird it was. Thanks for posting......now I can forward this info to my mother-law.

PS. The Luna moths I've seen was just out of coincidence. My first thought was "a new growth" of my tropical plants, since I have them planted near the house.....as I got closer, I was very surprised to see a moth so "green".

-Cindy-

Glad to be of assistance. :) The Painted Buntings I guess are somewhat common around Texas. We have 2 males and three females that come around here. The females are all green.

Here are some pictures of them yesterday.

IMG_1944.JPG

Male and female:

IMG_1982.JPG

IMG_2030.JPG

And a not-so-nice looking visitor we had:

IMG_1952.JPG

Those are awesome pics.....not to crazy about the last one :) , those creep me out. I just notice something why is it that most species, when it comes to males, they're more colorful than females. Same w/fish...for ex: wrasses, triggers and so on.