Glueing

dapettit

I need to attach the bottom piece (which is smooth inside) to the outside of the black threaded piece. I have tried wrapping the threads with Teflon tape and forcing it into the other part. Then applying PVC glue, only to have it leak. The PVC glue will not bound to either piece. I have considered using Super Glue Gel or modeling cement. Not sure either of these will work. Any ideas?

Dave-

med_gallery_251_14_103347.jpg

Yeah, go to home depot plumbing aisle, they sell a non-threaded to threaded adapter. You'll pvc glue the non-threaded part into the gray piece, then you'll have the threads you need (and can use teflon tape to prevent leaks). PVC glue won't stick to teflon, it's too sticky. :lol:

adapter

(edited: more like this)

female adapter

like this

The other option is to glue a small piece of pvc pipe into the non-threaded piece, and then get a female non-thread to female threaded coupler.

female to female thread

Yeah, go to home depot plumbing aisle, they sell a non-threaded to threaded adapter. You'll pvc glue the non-threaded part into the gray piece, then you'll have the threads you need (and can use teflon tape to prevent leaks). PVC glue won't stick to teflon, it's too sticky. :lol:

adapter

like this

6552475.jpg

The other option is to glue a small piece of pvc pipe into the non-threaded piece, and then get a female non-thread to female threaded coupler.

I think that one is backwards from what he needs.

I think this may be it:

6914907.jpg

Though he may need a female threaded to female slip, then a small piece of PVC to join the two female slip pieces.

Yep, caught it about the same time I did. Agreed, may be easier to do the small piece of pvc transition OR it may be easier to just completely replace the gray piece with a male/female piece already threaded on both ends.