Help w/ Conch ID

jknight1

whats the yellow stuff in your picture? I had some of it in my tank but my six line wrasse ate it.

Found this guy in my tank, i'm guessing its some sort of a conch, any ideas? Also just curious if it's reef safe. Thanks in advance.

Are you calling it a conch because of the shell shape? Usually there is a foot, but I can't tell from the photos. I also beleive most conchs live in the sandbed but could be wrong.

I figured it might be a conch by the shape of the shell, i've been looking through hitchiker ID's and that was the closest thing i could come up with. I haven't seen a foot on it either but i've never seen it move. I saw it a long time ago when it was a lot smaller and on a rock but just thought it was an empty shell, this is the 2nd time i've seen it. Could it be just some sort of a snail?

And as for the yellow stuff, i think its just some sort of a sponge, not really sure myself. I had a Sixline in my tank for quite a while and he never really bothered it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Edited by jknight1