MAAST is Unbelievable!

Rjohn

I replied to a thread about LED lights saying I had bought some off Ebay and gave the search criteria to find it. I did NOT post a link. Bigbird deleted my post and PM'ed me saying access points to Ebay were not allowed. I pointed out that I did not post a link and he said that posting the search criteria 'LED aquarium light' was the problem. I withdrew my membership. I will NOT be returning to the MAAst site.

Wow, really!? I have to say I'm shocked...

I replied to a thread about LED lights saying I had bought some off Ebay and gave the search criteria to find it. I did NOT post a link. Bigbird deleted my post and PM'ed me saying access points to Ebay were not allowed. I pointed out that I did not post a link and he said that posting the search criteria 'LED aquarium light' was the problem. I withdrew my membership. I will NOT be returning to the MAAst site.

Unfortunately that is all to common at MAAST and has been this way for about a year now. It is sad to see that MAAST has veered so far off track as to have alienated all of the old "super stars", many of them no longer post locally at all but have decided to only hang at RC. Ric you story is far to common. I can understand your not wanting to post there any longer, and what makes it even worse is when the Pres of the community jumps your case over nothing as he has done to so many others.

Unfortunately that is all to common at MAAST and has been this way for about a year now. It is sad to see that MAAST has veered so far off track as to have alienated all of the old "super stars", many of them no longer post locally at all but have decided to only hang at RC. Ric you story is far to common. I can understand your not wanting to post there any longer, and what makes it even worse is when the Pres of the community jumps your case over nothing as he has done to so many others.

Ya'll can bash maast all you want, the rules are there for everyone equaly. No links to Ebay are allowed whether directly or indirectly. The people who understand maast are willing to oblige by the rules, the ones who arent, can go elsewhere. Its not far too common, this only happens when people try to bend the rules and think it goes unseen, it doesnt. The original poster had every opportunity to send the ebay info via pm, he chose not too, thus the removal of the post. The moderator did exactly what he was supposed to do and I personally have no regrets for his actions,. Now, if you want to personally bash me for my opinions, feel free, however, if you'd like to discuss it and reach a mutual agreement, I'd be more than willing to help. MAAST is not off track as implied, in fact, its heading in a positive direction and gaining recognition as a valuable recource in the reefing communities, why do you thine the club has so many enthusiastic sponsors? MAAST has no desire to work against ARC, we all share the same interest and should work together as an educational force...