DumbAss Question of the Year

Truckin

Okay everybody - have a laugh - here's the dumbass question of the year:

Has anyone tried using chewing gum to attach a coral mount to a live rock in the aquarium?

Here's my story. I have placed some coral mounts (with frags) temporarily on a live rock to see how well the location works. Some of the mounts have been knocked over by a crab or snail.

Since I was not ready to glue the mounts down permanently, I was trying to think of something that would hold steady against a crab or snail nudging it, and yet not be too hard to break loose if I needed to move the mount somewhere else.

Then the light came on. Why not use chewing gum?

Has anyone tried this? Is there a good solution out there?

Okay, now, have another laugh.

Hmmm...never thought about doing that. One thing I have noticed is when I glue something with superglue, I can move it back and forth a little and it eventually comes off. Esp. when I put glue on a frag plug and prop it in a hole. I've moved stuff around so much...okay...too much.

Dena

I don't think it would work but I don't A) think it's the dumbest question of the year and 2) that it would necessarily hurt the tank so have at it and let us know. Now for something that is a soft hold, that miracle putty holds very weakly. I bought a three pack and would trade you a frag for one if you want to try it.

If I were you I would stay away from flavored chewing gums. I think this is a feasible idea but I would definitely recommend just a simple chewing gum complex without the flavorings.

If you ever go to Terra Toys or Toy Joy they will sometimes have a gag gift known as 'Nihilist Gum' which is flavorless and colorless and I would think this would be your best option if you really wanna try this out.

-Steve