Help with Aquascape

Jbrougher

Hey, I need some help aquascaping my 55. I redo it all the time, i just cant find something that works for me. Ill post pictures later to see if i have to much LR in it

We have a 55 as well and it was somewhat hard to aquascape. There isn't much room for a sand bed, so we had to rest some of the rock up against the back glass. Investing in a good clean up crew limits most problems that can arise from doing this. Post pics and if you need help, we wouldn't mind lending a hand.

Here is a dated pic of my mixed reef 55 gallon tank. The tank is totally differnet looking now as more live rock and corals have been added, plus the removal of the center powerhead and tons of cheato. It has changed quite a bit since this pic was taken, but this old pic will give you a general idea of the old layout. Nothing touches the glass, the LR is pretty much designed as 2 islands with a joining center bridge like area. Consist of modest sized pieces of LR (nothing big) and Cheato growing in the same tank. The current design mainly has the top portion consisting mainly of SPS, the middle being LPS and low areas being whatever. Of course some things are not in those places due to corals liking different flow and light. I use a Tunze Nano skimmer which seems to do fine for me but does take up some room in the tank. I realize I proubly should upgrade, but wife aggro is high and pocketbook thickness is low. I am in the process of setting up a small sump/fuge to help make more room for more corals in the future. This system currently works for me but could be lots better. Hope this helps.

DSC03062.jpg

Edited by alasg001