Arcadia Metal Hilide Bulbs?

reefman

Anyone heard of these or have any experience with them? They were supposedly showing a color test at MACNA where they just had water and sand, and were running a color card from one end to the other of the tank. The tank had several type of bulbs on it, so you could see what the card looked like under the different lighting. Was told the Acadia bulbs knocked the socks off everything else.

Since they run about $100 for 250W and $80 for 150W retail, was wondering if anyone else had seen them.

Stephen

These are a German made bulb distributed in America by Hikari. I've heard they look good, but I remember looking them up and not seeing impressive growth evidence, and doing a search on Sanjay's site gathers that they have less PPFD than the Radium 20K's of the same wattage (even though the Radium 20K's are Mogul's). I remember hearing about these, and how they are supposed to be nice bulbs, but due to the lack of first hand experience and opinions available, and the PAR values found so far, I've yet to sell any of them, especially when they cost significantly more than XM bulbs.

However, if growth isn't your deciding factor on buying one bulb over another, and you were impressed with their visual appearance in person, I say go for them. I, personally, would love to hear feedback on them.