GreenMako's Gone Crazy

Greenmako

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you buy the whole colony? He was talking about that. I ended up getting his smaller clam today, the morph euphelia (sp) that was on the bottom with the clown (clown included...can't part a clown and it's home), insignias, and some other pieces I need to ask him about...have no idea what they are LOL.

One of the pieces looks like this:

SPS

Did you buy the whole colony? He was talking about that. I ended up getting his smaller clam today, the morph euphelia (sp) that was on the bottom with the clown (clown included...can't part a clown and it's home), insignias, and some other pieces I need to ask him about...have no idea what they are LOL.

I think I got it all. And, I think it is going to be a blue stylopora. Its brown right now with blue tips so I'll have to rehab it.

Dena years ago the colony of euphyllia that you refer to was known as "ScubaSteve's hybrid". Steve hasn't been active in the hobby for several years now. He sold all of his remaining pieces to Prof. It used to be very common in San Antonio but it seems that a couple of years ago the folks that had frags/colonies lost them. In the Austin area I only knew of Brian and myself having any. Take good care of it and please pass frags around so that we don't lose this interesting specimen. It was thought to be a hybrid of torch and hammer. My pieces have begun to look only like torch corals at this point but the way the skeleton grows still implies hammer.

Brian, got home and have the corals situated in my tank - you were very generous! Thanks, I appreciate it and it was nice meeting you and Christina. Maybe I can help you out with some corals down the line when you're ready for your next project. I'll keep my eye out for ya.

Brian Mc

Mako,

I just got into town yesterday and was wondering if you will be available this week. I'm 5 minutes from ya at the Samsung facility and can swing by at your convenience. Would like to purchase below a frag of the below item's, I can keep them in a friend's tank until I head back to Dallas tuesday night. lmk

1) Ultimate's pink stag: $15 frag

2) large table which has alk base/tip damage: $5 frag

3)purple catspaw: frags $10

4)Mike paletta's lovelii: 2-3" frag $10

5)tenius frag $10

6)insignis acro frag: $10

Cheers,

It's a nice piece and he actually broke a part of it off with about 5 heads or so when bagging it. I'll probably post it for sale after I transfer things to the new nano this weekend. The clown quickly made friends after a couple tail flutters from my old clown. Mako's clown is showing mine his coral home now...I just love clowns.

Dena

Dena years ago the colony of euphyllia that you refer to was known as "ScubaSteve's hybrid". Steve hasn't been active in the hobby for several years now. He sold all of his remaining pieces to Prof. It used to be very common in San Antonio but it seems that a couple of years ago the folks that had frags/colonies lost them. In the Austin area I only knew of Brian and myself having any. Take good care of it and please pass frags around so that we don't lose this interesting specimen. It was thought to be a hybrid of torch and hammer. My pieces have begun to look only like torch corals at this point but the way the skeleton grows still implies hammer.

It's a nice piece and he actually broke a part of it off with about 5 heads or so when bagging it. I'll probably post it for sale after I transfer things to the new nano this weekend. The clown quickly made friends after a couple tail flutters from my old clown. Mako's clown is showing mine his coral home now...I just love clowns.

Dena

which clown are you talking about?

The light colored one. He was on the right and the black and white one was on the left near the huge Frog spawn.

Wow...I didn't see the light colored one either. I think I need to go back over there and see what else I missed.

Brian, got home and have the corals situated in my tank - you were very generous! Thanks, I appreciate it and it was nice meeting you and Christina. Maybe I can help you out with some corals down the line when you're ready for your next project. I'll keep my eye out for ya.

Brian Mc

thanks again!

Mako,

I just got into town yesterday and was wondering if you will be available this week. I'm 5 minutes from ya at the Samsung facility and can swing by at your convenience. Would like to purchase below a frag of the below item's, I can keep them in a friend's tank until I head back to Dallas tuesday night. lmk

3)purple catspaw: frags $10

5)tenius frag $10

Cheers,

I'm going to try and get off work at a decent time tonight but don't know if I can or atleast by tomorrow. So shoot me your phone number and we can work something out.

this is what I have left of your list:

5)tenius frag $10

thanks

Brian

I'm going to try and get off work at a decent time tonight but don't know if I can or atleast by tomorrow. So shoot me your phone number and we can work something out.

this is what I have left of your list:

5)tenius frag $10

thanks

Brian

I'm back in Dallas but will be back Sunday, I can shoot you paypal to hold or just wait and see if you have anything left by then. This work stuff is really getting in the way of my hobby. :D lmk

I'm back in Dallas but will be back Sunday, I can shoot you paypal to hold or just wait and see if you have anything left by then. This work stuff is really getting in the way of my hobby. :D lmk

lol yea work stuff always does lol

I'll put those frags aside for you for sunday.

thanks,

Brian