Cyano outbreak

medi

I noticed I am starting to have a bit of a cyano problem that started about a week ago. I can't really figure out what the problem is. My parameters all look great

Phosphate 0

NO3 is undetectable

NO2 is 0

NH3 is 0

PH is 8.0

KH is 9

calcium is a little on the low side at 360

All test are elos, so they should be accurate. I do a 5G WC every week. I only use RO/DI water. TDS reads 0. My MH bulb is a 14K phoenix that is only 3 months old. The back is packed with chaeto, but not enough to limit flow. I have probably too much water flow for a 34G Solana: 1 #2 Koralia, 1 #1 Koralia, and 1 Nano Koralia. I added a bag of Chemi Pure Elite yesterday. I don't really know much about it accept for the good things I have read on the forums. Anyone know of anything else I should try?

TIA,

Calvin

I've had very good luck using Zeozyme + Coral Snow + Zeo Bac. It knocked the socks off the cyno problem I was having. If you want more info on this method go to the Zeovit forum and look for threads about ZeoZyme. If you are interested I will tell you the regimen I followed to get rid of it. Maintenance dose is now just once every week or so.

Stephen

Well your PH and Dkh seem a little low for my preference. What kind of system is this? Definately cut back your portion size on your feedings. Also are you using R/O water or did you dechlorinate some tap? More info about your sytem would definately help pinpoint the cause, but most likely it is over feeding. Livestock, equipment etc.

Edited by WesleyB

Sure, I would be curious to hear about this

I've had very good luck using Zeozyme + Coral Snow + Zeo Bac. It knocked the socks off the cyno problem I was having. If you want more info on this method go to the Zeovit forum and look for threads about ZeoZyme. If you are interested I will tell you the regimen I followed to get rid of it. Maintenance dose is now just once every week or so.

Stephen

ZZ = 1 TSP per 200 gal (adjust accordingly)

Snow = 1 ml per 50 gal

Bac = 1 drop per 25 gal

Add components to about 40 ml RO/DI water, shake for about 30 seconds, add directly to the tank (it will cloud it up - that's OK)

For 7 days I did this every day. After 1 week, I backed off to once or twice a week (only doing once a week now).

Disclaimer: Check out the Zeovit forum and read up on it, then make your own decision. It has worked well for me.

Stephen