sixline has pop eye

AndrewT

Ive read that adding epsom salt will help treat this. any truth to that? Id like to put him in a qt but i know theres no way ill catch him. Where do you get epsom salt from? also how is it dosed? whats the best way to treat this?

Ive read that adding epsom salt will help treat this. any truth to that? Id like to put him in a qt but i know theres no way ill catch him. Where do you get epsom salt from? also how is it dosed? whats the best way to treat this?

Epsom salt is magnesium sulfur. You can get it at any local pharmacies - about 2-3 dollars for a 4 lbs bag.

You'll have to quarantine him in another tank, but the Mardel Marcyn products work very well to cure pop-eye. Dont pay attention to the packages as far as freshwater and saltwater go, a company person told me they are the same. Oh, try cating him with the home made trap, 2 litre bottle with the top cut off. Or, I have a pretty good size fish trap you can borrow.

Edited by Reybeast

mg has been low so epsom may help a bit. will it just heal on its own if its left alone?

I had one of my Talbot Damsels get pop-eye a few months back, and I left it to fate... a week later the eye was all fine. So it can heal itself, but not sure how often.