Controllers

dark8nge1

The weather is about to turn and I am going to have to put in the heater (big EJ 250) and I don't have a controller for it. They run $60-$180 for multi-stage ones and then comes the RK@ and AQjr.

Do I spend the money on the big controller and grow into it or get just a temp controller and wait until I need the bigger one? The rk2 is actually 10% off today at champion.

I'm definitely looking for a controller myself. I bought a Blue line Tsunami wave maker and it crapped out in less than a month. I also did not like that I could not make the waves alternate faster than 1 minute. So now I'm looking at getting one of these units myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Lunch break update....

So I got my reefkeeper 2 in last night YAH!! So after reading the instructions and setting it up I notice something. My last channel isnt working, it's actually flat out broken. Then I notice something else. My indicator lights on my 4th and 8th channel just stay on even if the channel isnt on. After speaking to the owner I now have to sent the unit in have them diagnose and fix the problem and sent it back out to me, approx a week or two. They wont even send me out a shipping label either. I know its probably $7 to ship the thing but its brand new it should have been working in the first place. All in all I'm unimpressed by the product and the service at this point. I hope it just gets better from here.

I am really surprised. When I got mine they had forgot to include the manual. I sent them an email and they had it out the next day. I had the oppurtunity to talk to them at MACNA and they were extremely nice and took my suggestions and promised to try to include them in future upgrades. I hope it goes better for you.

Sean,

Something like that sounds like maybe shipping damage from Champion? I noticed that the packaging left much to be desired - just paper on top, nothing on bottom of the outside box. Inner one looked ok but I was expecting bubblewrap or the like.

So far, mine is just controlling the heater and this weekend I will get more into it.

Garbriel,

is there a way to cancel the STANDBY mode without going into the menus again? I accidently hit the UP button w/o being in a menu and it killed my return for 10 minutes. Not a big deal but I would assume there is a way to reset it. Ideas?

I would plug some miscellaneous device into each outlet to make sure it works first. I hooked everything up and setup each channel in order and it just so happens that it was the last channel that didnt work. Also if you havent calibrated your Ph proble yet download the new firmware update first. If you calibrated before you will have to redo it after the update, something that Scott had me to do try and fix my problem but didnt, those solution packets get kinda expensive after multiple rounds of calibrating. I think I'm going to have to send the my whole unit in to be fixed. crybaby2.gif