Wanted: Anemone for hosting clown fish

A. Percula are more suited to the following anemones: Heteractis crispa; H. magnifica; Stichodactyla gigantea.

However, a BTA might suffice as a surrogate host.

Yeah I know...I have been looking for a "giant carpet" a "magnificent" and a "merten's carpet" with little luck...and have had some luck with them hosting in bubble-tips before

I think if you get an anemone that's in a well establish tank, looks healthy and is fully expanded in its glory.......it usually is a good candidate. What you have to provide is a well establish system and try to keep your salinity @ 1.025 and good water flow. I personally like the carpet anemone's, they seem to be more stationary. IME, the long tentacle they would move if I had made changes to water flow. I once had a pair of true percs. w/carpet anemone (about 12" diameter).

Here's an old pic. I missed those little guys :shiftyninja: . The male clown fish was about 1 1/4" and the female 2 1/4"....and they host on the anemone.

gallery_40_18_1320782.jpg

• 2 weeks later...