Sick Bubble Coral

reefman

I have two Bubble Corals, and one has not looked well for a couple of weeks. I had a piece of plate coral get knocked off a higher rock, and found it laying next to the sick Bubble Coral, so I'm assuming it may have hit it when it fell. It looks bent over at it's stalk, and only a few of its polyps are "bubbled" out.

What are the chances that it will be better on its own? Can anything be done to help? Can it be fragged?

Stephen

What are the chances that it will be better on its own?  Can anything be done to help?  Can it be fragged?

Stephen

Fragging a bubble looks like serious work (I saw an article on GARF that was extensive). How large is the skeleton? In low to medium flow, mine does very well and has grown substantially since May. I feed mysis and coral food at night once the tentacles are out and it is rocking along.

Good luck with it.

hmmmm...after the Actinics go out both the healthy one and sick one completely draw in. I some some articles on the net about fragging them too, and came away with the same conclusion about difficulty.

So yours has its tentacles out when all the lights are out?

Stephen

My bubble sends out small feeders all around where each bubble was during the day. I will try and get a pic tonight but here is the coral during the day. You could try blowing some food across the bubbles after lights out and see if it sends the feeders out at that point. What are you feeding them, anyway?

IMG_0691.jpg

`The first 2 images are of the Bubble Coral that looks in stress, the 3rd picture is of the other Bubble Coral in the same tank.

OK, I feel like a moron. I see the " image_url (alt+p)" above the test box, but I don't understand it. Can someone explain how to insert images from my digi camera? I have the pics downloaded into my NikonView program on my computer.

Stephen

Bubbles are pretty tough corals. Give it a chance and it could heal up.

You said a piece of a plate coral fell on it? Plate coral as in a Fungia? If so, why do you have a Fungia in the rocks?! Those guys move all over the place and have to be on the sand.