Coralife Super Skimmer

dieselndixie

Well

I wanted to follow the many recomendations for a Euroreef, but it just wasnt in the cards. My current skimmer is shot and hasnt worked for about a week now, and believe it or not, I had to replace my entire chimney this week....dont even ask!

so, I went with what I could afford and got a Coralife SS 125. I have heard good reviews for the unit and cant wait to try it out.

any coralife users have any input or suggestions for setup?

thanks

I have the 220. I am pretty happy with it for the price. However I am looking to upgrade in the near future. I feel my system needs more umph. If you haven't opened it up yet I would recommend taking it back and getting the 220. It is only about a $30 difference and well worth the extra size. I feel that the gallon rating on them is a bit ambitous.

UPDATE

well, got the 125 in, and I dont have the clearance...either I didnt measure correctly, or the sit emeasurements are off by about 3/4 inch.

so, I had to return it, and get the 65g. my tank is a 55g so I hope it will be adequate....anything has to be better than this seaclown

more coming....as soon as the new one arrives

Hello. I have the 125 set up as a HOB. It is very sensitive. I had to set mind to ?dry? skimming to prevent overflows. Also has the micro bubble problem.

It has a overflow drain, but it?s on the bottom of the collection cup. So if it starts wet skimming too much you won?t know it until it has pumped out gallons upon gallons of water. What it needs is an overflow valve below the intake line in the collection cup. That way you can see when the skimmer needs or dumping.

I am thinking of buying a plastic tube, drilling a hole in the collection cup, silicone it and attaching it to a overflow bucket. Sure would sleep better at night.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I just upgraded to a Euroreef that I am very happy with.  I think you will continue to be happy with the coralife.  I am going to be selling my 220 in the forum soon.  I just have to clean it up.

Keep me up to date of this sale please. I think it would make a nice skimmer for my 20g nano.

• 2 weeks later...