looking for a 10-20g tank

AndrewT

sweet yeah let me know. I didnt know that 10 tanks were that cheap. I was in petco the other day and they were like 40 bucks. I just need something thats not tempered. I need it to be able to withstand a drill bit. as my last 10g i had shattered when it was being drilled. if you find something that would be great Thanks

I have a few 10's and a 20 tall taking up space.

Make an offer.

I have no idea apparently theyre 15 at aquatek for a 10. so id imagine something along the lines of that. Just as long as its not 40 like petco. The 20 tall would prolly work as i need something that i can drill a hole that will sit above my sump. Lets come to a general consensus on the 20 tall. Pics?

I have no idea apparently theyre 15 at aquatek for a 10. so id imagine something along the lines of that. Just as long as its not 40 like petco. The 20 tall would prolly work as i need something that i can drill a hole that will sit above my sump. Lets come to a general consensus on the 20 tall. Pics?

dunno if you will find ANY 10's that are NOT tempered....most those little guys use all tempred glass....1t may have been 15.99 for the 5gallon and 24.99 for the 10gallon...don't remember exactally...just know they were cheap.

I will have to hunt around for the 20H; I could let it go for $15. No pics, it's been in the garage a while. Just your standard 20H with a black frame.

If I can't find it, I do have 4 tens laying around. I'd let them go for $5. You can get a brand new one at Waltmart/Petco for $10 I think.

Lemme know!

I'm free until Sat.

Edited by Robb in Austin

I will have to hunt around for the 20H; I could let it go for $15.

If I can't find it, I do have 4 tens laying around. I'd let them go for $5. You can get a brand new one at Waltmart/Petco for $10 I think.

Lemme know!

I'm free until Sat.

Yeah ill take the 20 if you can find it. If you cant find it ill take one of the 10s if theyre not tempered glass. Pm me your info thanks

The only way I know to tell if a tank is tempered is to break the glass and watch how it shatters. Generally you can make an educated guess by who made the tank and what thickness of glass they used. I think all of the little tanks are tempered so they can use thinner, cheaper glass. All of the thicker glass that I have worked on has not been tempered. Most places only spend the extra manufacturing dollars to temper the bottom glass since it needs to be the most impact resistant. That is why I don't drill tank bottoms.