clam nipping flame angel $30

mikedelgado

nice size fat flame angel for sale, $30. Had for years in my reef setup.I busted him today nipping on a bad looking spot on one of my clams. I am not sure if he caused the spot or not. He isnt paying attention to any of my other clams but I am not taking any chances on my fav clam. He is in my sump right now waiting for a new clamless home . thanks

I have never seen him nip sps but I have seen him nip a zoo. not sure if he was going for the zoo or algea.

my coral beauty would nip at my zoos, but I watched and the zoos were spitting out some kind of brown stringy goo. Not sure what is was, but the angel loved it.

my coral beauty would nip at my zoos, but I watched and the zoos were spitting out some kind of brown stringy goo. Not sure what is was, but the angel loved it.

I was just reading that some tangs will pick at LPS to get them to excrete excess symbiotic algae, it is like candy to the fish. I bet that is what the angel was doing. The same source also said the LPS is generally not damaged, and I would assume the same goes for your zoas.

Hey Mike,

I would love to take the flame angel off your hands. I can stop by on Friday if it works for you?

nice size fat flame angel for sale, $30. Had for years in my reef setup.I busted him today nipping on a bad looking spot on one of my clams. I am not sure if he caused the spot or not. He isnt paying attention to any of my other clams but I am not taking any chances on my fav clam. He is in my sump right now waiting for a new clamless home . thanks