Snail eggs?

beefytang

I'm assuming these are snail eggs? A huge Nassarius snail was hovering over this stuff. A really interesting feathery pattern. Probably will clean this stuff up. The few Nassarius I have already are total monsters. They're huge and always trying to steal food from the fungias.

snail-eggs.jpg

I shudder to think what would happen in my tank if all those eggs hatched. Probably best not to let it happen. They get really big. Interesting to watch, though. They can smell a tiny crumb of food hitting the water even when buried.

yeah, they are crazy eaters. Its fun to watch them cleanup something that dies. I watched 3 of them eat the inside of my cleaner shrimp in about 10 mins when he died.

They actually taste pretty good spread over crackers. You should try it.

Hey fishy, I will if you will.

Being Cajun, as a group, we have been charged with eating anything. Caviar, escargot and raw oysters always struck me as somebody was hungry to eat them for the first time. Not long ago, I was involved with a thread on reef central, "Good enough to eat". When speaking about eating "Red Ogo" straight from the tank, a chef from the midwest asked me "What about the pods". If they are good enough for the corals and fish, they are good enough for me. Bon appetite.

La bon temp rouler.

Pat