What wrong with my frogspawn?!?!?!

irishtexan

Could be numerous things. Mine will open and close all day long. Puffy one minute, deflated the next. They really don't like a lot of flow so keep that in mind when placing them. I found mine did not appreciate my metal halides as much as I did. Used to open up way larger in PC lighting. Did you bury it in the sand? I've been told and have had great success at keeping them alive by placing them in the bottom of the tank buried up to about where the flesh starts on the skeleton.

I had a hammer go on me after buying it. I had fragged some heads of the colony to give away. All but one head died out. I left the pieces where they were and about a month later I suddenly had about 12 heads growing on each frag. Now I have giant round balls of hammer. So if a head goes don't toss it.

What flavor did you get? I've gotten them in green with pink tips, green with white tips, green with purple tips, green with blue tips, and one that was a pink color with white tips.