25 Lagoon Build

Chris_ATX

Well after a long time lurking and breaking down my 90g that never really got going the way I would have liked I’m here with a IM 25 Lagoon.

This will be my first ever documented build so will be a little rough. With this build I plan to make it a mixed reef and my first go at SPS. I have cycled and transferred over my current coral I kept from the 90g a mix of LPS and softies along with a BTA.

Equipment list

Tank: Innovative Marine 25g Lagoon with 2 IM custom media caddy’s

Stand: IM high gloss

Pump: Sicce 1.5 with dual spin streams

Flow: MP10WQD

Light: Sbreef Basic 16”

Ato: Tunze Nano with about 3g pet food container 

Heaters: 2x 50w Neotherms

Livestock

Bonded pair of clowns from my 90g

Coming from divers den

Pearly Jawfish

Midas Blenny

Coral

Hammer

Blasto

Multiple mushrooms

BTA

First filled waiting cycle

D595F82D-931D-4506-A2A6-466FF8EB527C.jpeg

Current photo from 2/26/18

3DDF0F0F-1B75-4EA3-9A9A-4563C270DB7E.jpeg

Great looking tank, I really like the dimensions on these 25g lagoon.

Hows the MP10 working out for a tank this size? Are you having to keep it at the lowest setting?

The spin streams seem interesting. I've been tempted to get some for my 20g Nuvo, but i've read people complain about them binding up or slowing down with algae/crud rather quickly, so I'm interested in what your experience will be like with them.

2 hours ago, Merman said:

Really cool setup!  I also have a rimless and love the way it looks.  Are you planning on covering the tank?

Just going to use a diy screen top.

22 minutes ago, RicordeaFreak said:

Great looking tank, I really like the dimensions on these 25g lagoon.

Hows the MP10 working out for a tank this size? Are you having to keep it at the lowest setting?

The spin streams seem interesting. I've been tempted to get some for my 20g Nuvo, but i've read people complain about them binding up or slowing down with algae/crud rather quickly, so I'm interested in what your experience will be like with them.

I have the MP10 at 50% right now in lagoon mode and really like it so far.

Not sure on the spinstreams slowing down yet but so far I like them. If they do start to though they are easy to clean.

13 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

You're going to love that Midas Blenny, so full of personality!

Congrats on starting the new build! Looking forward to following along!

Yeah when doing my research they got a lot of praise so I had to jump on getting one.

Going to be looking to you for a possible frag pack in the near future so I can fill in that rock work with some sticks.

Yeah when doing my research they got a lot of praise so I had to jump on getting one.
Going to be looking to you for a possible frag pack in the near future so I can fill in that rock work with some sticks.
I love mine! I'll never have another tank without one. Just so personable.

Just hit me up whenever you're ready! We can fill that whole tank if you want! [emoji16]

10 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Are the jawfish and Blenny getting along?

Yeah everyone seems to be doing fine. The Blenny has stayed in the rocks while the jawfish has stayed in his little home I built.

3 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

That's sweet!

I need you to build me some angelfish homes! I always feel bad for everyone when the lights go out. I hope everyone finds a nice hole to sleep in!

I fell upon the idea when doing my research about jawfish. Somebody have made one with a barnacle shell.

I'm sure you have plenty of little holes for all those angels.

Well hopefully the tester frags I got from Ty stay healthy because I just purchased a frag of SC Orange Passion that I will be picking up when I’m in Houston next week.
F2AFD143-D023-40A6-BE0C-20ACA327DC92.thumb.jpeg.7ec0024ce3289a90d449c688d7745a6a.jpeg
Nice! Who are you getting the SC OP from in Houston?

1 hour ago, FarmerTy said:
2 hours ago, Chris_ATX said:
Well hopefully the tester frags I got from Ty stay healthy because I just purchased a frag of SC Orange Passion that I will be picking up when I’m in Houston next week.
F2AFD143-D023-40A6-BE0C-20ACA327DC92.thumb.jpeg.7ec0024ce3289a90d449c688d7745a6a.jpeg

Nice! Who are you getting the SC OP from in Houston?

Josue Marquez

Nice! He's a good guy. I just sent him a large frag pack just last week!

Good to know.

Also going to be picking up that XR30 G4 from Marsh for a super deal of $350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know.

Also going to be picking up that XR30 G4 from Marsh for a super deal of $350.

Nice! I almost jumped on his 3 XR30 G4 Pros but realized there's other things that should come first on my reef shopping list. It was such a good deal!

Nice! I almost jumped on his 3 XR30 G4 Pros but realized there's other things that should come first on my reef shopping list. It was such a good deal!

Yeah the pros went quick. They probably would have been overkill for this tank though. I’m just glad the non pro was still available.

[mention=463]FarmerTy[/mention] I’m loving the Golden Midas. Has been out swimming with the clowns and is just gorgeous.
49584FAF-A16E-43B6-A07A-602EEDB5CEF9.thumb.jpeg.43c73550d2366ff32518777e08460133.jpeg 
Aren't they just the best fish? Their swimming style and personality just make them an instant favorite! Glad he's out and about and exploring!

Archived