10G beginner tank

Saltyshay

Yeah since they're on these little egg crate stands for now I went ahead and pulled them out and removed as much as I could and then dipped them in a bit of a peroxide mix... noticed my snail was out and took the opportunity to get a quick picture it... when it's out he's one of the coolest things to watch 

IMG_2863.JPG

IMG_2864.JPG

image.jpg

Yeah since they're on these little egg crate stands for now I went ahead and pulled them out and removed as much as I could and then dipped them in a bit of a peroxide mix... noticed my snail was out and took the opportunity to get a quick picture it... when it's out he's one of the coolest things to watch 
IMG_2863.thumb.JPG.239bb98466ce1976aad3ef27e4013bfc.JPG
IMG_2864.thumb.JPG.52437b505a41e3e0bade422d98c3a2b7.JPG
image.thumb.jpg.4b65fb404df0fca33803cfa91625f2e8.jpg
Those suckers live for a long time too. I remember still having them 4 years after I bought them.

Nice start to the tank!  I also love the pistol/goby pairings... I have a tiger and yellow watchman in my current tank.

One word of advice, make sure your live rock is settled firmly on the bottom of the tank.  The pistol is a very vigorous burrower and will most likely make multiple tunnels under the rock.  So you don't want the rock shifting and killing the shrimp and fish.  My pair has about 3 or 4 entrances, though they normally only use one at a time, but the shrimp is constantly digging and working on them.

Good luck!

Well I finally got the yellow watchmen goby and pistol shrimp I went with the smaller candy cane shrimp. I completely forgot to take a picture of the shrimp before releasing it into the live rock but he's in there somewhere digging around.  Here's a pretty good picture of my watchmen goby 

IMG_2873.JPG

Well I finally got the yellow watchmen goby and pistol shrimp I went with the smaller candy cane shrimp. I completely forgot to take a picture of the shrimp before releasing it into the live rock but he's in there somewhere digging around.  Here's a pretty good picture of my watchmen goby 
IMG_2873.thumb.JPG.6b3781b15a6b652c1613a47281b7d66d.JPG
I love their grumpy old man faces!

I've had to reclaim several frags since the pistol shrimp has been added, no big deal for now I will eventually get these frags glued down. Haven't seen much of the pistol but he's hard at work he has two entrances already dug and today I noticed a third. I don't expect to be adding anymore fish unless it's a shrimp of some kind really enjoy all the shrimp and their color in saltwater. Next I believe will be finding a good spot for some more coral. 

Picked up a cool Acan frag from RIver City Aquatics today. I noticed it last week when I got my pistol shrimp and goby pair. It was still there so I decided to claim it. Picture won't do it justice but it's a bright orange or red with a pinkish middle. About 5 heads big 

IMG_2940.JPG

The most painful part of this hobby is trying to take good cell phone pictures! The struggle is real. :mellow:

Colors look pretty sharp though. Have you had a chance to stop by Austin aqua farms yet? They have an amazing collection of acans and other LPS/softies. 

I haven't but they are close I'll have to stop by next weekend as they're only open Saturday according to their website and I'll be gone this weekend. Checked out their site and they have some amazing corals. Already itching for a frag tank! Gotta get out of the apartment or atleast down to the first floor 🤣

10 hours ago, Reefpuck said:

Have you had a chance to stop by Austin aqua farms yet? They have an amazing collection of acans and other LPS/softies. 

They are open to the public for sales on SAT?????

Finally got the frags that the pistol likes to steal glued down took some courage to get them off the frag plug but to my surprise they popped right off wish I had done better with the glue but it'll get covered eventually not to bad. 

IMG_2956.PNG

Archived