Ideas on rock soaking

Dogfish

I believed the club has big tub for premium member to loan but not sure if it is big enough to House all your rock. I would do 1 big tub just to making thing easier.  I can loan you my 110 gallon tub which I was going to build water fountain in my back yard but doesnt look like I have time to do anytime soon and winter is just around the corner. Lmk

Great

2 minutes ago, reeflover said:

I believed the club has big tub for premium member to loan but not sure if it is big enough to House all your rock. I would do 1 big tub just to making thing easier.  I can loan you my 110 gallon tub which I was going to build water fountain in my back yard but doesnt look like I have time to do anytime soon and winter is just around the corner. Lmk

Great let me see if some one from the club has the loaner. I could use them both. Not sure how much 1200 lbs is in volume. Not going to use it all.

6 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

You can use my 100 gallon tub too. FYI, there is no large ARC loaner tub, just smaller ones.

Great thats 2 tubs. If I need more I can buy some brute trash cans. If you both are around next week I can drive up there and pick them up. With any luck the dry rock will leech out in a week or 2. Then I can throw some heaters in there and start growing some good stuff on them. With luck I can have the tubs back to you guys in a month. If you need them sooner just let me know.

Great thats 2 tubs. If I need more I can buy some brute trash cans. If you both are around next week I can drive up there and pick them up. With any luck the dry rock will leech out in a week or 2. Then I can throw some heaters in there and start growing some good stuff on them. With luck I can have the tubs back to you guys in a month. If you need them sooner just let me know.

No rush. Hopefully my tubbing days are over! I'd run some lanthanum chloride in the tubs to help pull phosphates from the dry rock while I was at it. I forget what source the rocks came from but never hurts to start the tank without a possible phosphate issue.

Then toss some bacteria in a bottle (Dr Tim's is great) and get that rock going quick.

6 hours ago, Dogfish said:

I don’t think I’ll need it back till spring time, also have 2 32 gallon brute sitting too if you need it. 

I also have a lot of IO salt i use for my fish only tank I can sell you at very low price if you are interesting to cycle the rocks 

32gallon brute, heater, bubbler.   When i shut down my 75 gal tank, i put all my rock in a trashcan w/ a circulation pump, bubbler, and a heater.  3yrs later when i setup my current tank, cycling of the new tank was like 2 weeks :)

On 12/16/2017 at 12:41 PM, reeflover said:

I don’t think I’ll need it back till spring time, also have 2 32 gallon brute sitting too if you need it. 

I also have a lot of IO salt i use for my fish only tank I can sell you at very low price if you are interesting to cycle the rocks 

Ya I will need some salt.  Have not ordered that pallet yet. Thanks. The rock should ship today. Once I know its on its way I'll PM everyone to meet up. I want to cure about 600 lbs. That maybe too much for my tank. After I hack it up and drill holes, it might be just right.  I'm not sure of the volume of Marco rock. I would like to cure the whole 1200 lbs if possible.

Archived