Nudibranch hitchhiker, seems benign

Found a couple nudi's on a coral order.  Scooped them up and threw them in a non-coral tank I have just in case.  They seeeem to be eating a little algae, but I was curious if anyone had seen this type before.  I've been doing some google image searching but haven't hit a good solid match yet.

nudi.jpg

Speaking generally, nudi's very often match their source of food. Completely guessing, but maybe a xenia or soft tree coral predator. Also, definitely resembles a berghia, maybe a little blue'ish, but I've definitely seen them look this color.

Speaking generally, nudi's very often match their source of food. Completely guessing, but maybe a xenia or soft tree coral predator. Also, definitely resembles a berghia, maybe a little blue'ish, but I've definitely seen them look this color.

+1 jestep. I've never seen multiple nudis without them being on, or immediately surrounding their food source.  

Does it look anything like this up close?

dd7e2df743544b83041f6e6084d988aa.jpg

That's a montipora muncher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Regardless of the type.  Whenever you removed them from there are more  And the ones you removed from the colony and the food source will surely die. Most likely the reason you actually see them moving around and on the glass is because they are looking for food. 

Adios amigos

Archived