Help identify fish

fightinghippo

The sohol already has streamers suggesting it's pretty large. It would be absurd in a 90 gallon tank, it could basically barely turn around, not that it looks like there's a lot of swimming room in this one, but I'm assuming this is a large tank considering the sohol, blue tang, medium size trigger, lemon peel angel, 3 clarki's, another ocellaris, toby puffer, etc...

That's a beautiful Sohal. Don't trust the usual minimum tank size. I've seen them in 125's and 150's but they're super aggressive in tanks that small. You could swing a 200g if it were the only tang in there, but you're looking at 300-500g for that beautiful male.

I forgot to mention size as an important factor. Some people that keep them say they're little kittens, but those are normally sub 5". Just like Naso Tangs, they don't develop streamers until 5-6" and the aggression levels increase exponentially. That's not to say that every fish will be Cujo, but whatever is normal for your particular fish will increase around this time.

Yes I upgraded to 180 recently. That fish caught my eye when watching someone's video on YouTube. I still worry that it may knock things around. But it's absolutely gorgeous
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He used to have a 90 gallon, I think he recently upgraded to bigger size not sure how big but definitely not a 90 gallon

I currently have a juvi in my tank that I recently bought from a local member. It's one of my favorite. Used to have a bigger one a few yr ago and he was little more aggressive but was fine with other tangs and corals. My current one is about the same or little smaller than some of his other tank mate. He is currently being "monitored" by my powder blue. https://vimeo.com/200512403

I know liveaquaria.com usually have smaller one but u can probably get special order from Lfs. Btw I would recommend to add it last because they are like other said are aggressive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Has anyone try to house clown tang and soho tang together in the 240, 6' long. Thinking about remove the clown and replace with the soho. Clown tang is 6" kinda aggressive but my powder blue put up with him. Not sure how it will be with the soho once being introduced. If not will definitely remove the clown tang. Just want to hear what you guys say. 

Has anyone try to house clown tang and soho tang together in the 240, 6' long. Thinking about remove the clown and replace with the soho. Clown tang is 6" kinda aggressive but my powder blue put up with him. Not sure how it will be with the soho once being introduced. If not will definitely remove the clown tang. Just want to hear what you guys say. 

Give it a try and tell us Tom! [emoji12]

For sure I'll experiment it. You will be the first person to inform ha ha. My powder blue and Achilles doing fine still, powder blue is 1" smaller than the Achilles but he really watches the Achilles, no white spot yet so far. 

Dont get confuse with other powder blue with the clown tang. I have 2, the one with Achilles are in reef tank while other one are in fowlr with my cross hatch trigger pair. 

Archived