After a long break 93 gallon cube

new55galSALT

After about 2 years I'm jumping back into the hobby ... with my disability getting worse I may be out of work soon and will need something to occupy myself ...

It's a 93 cube with a trigger systems 26 emerald sump, cpr hob fuge, and I'll be doing leds with built in programs (hopefully) ..or I'll run my mH setup from previous tank.. let me know any advice or tips as this will be my first drilled tank and first rimless let up.

Welcome. BRS has screen net tops and they just starting stocking tank clips to suspend them with if you are looking for a cover.

But sounds like you have a killer setup. MH is still a great way to go especially when supplemented by good quality LED's. You may not need the CPR but nothing wrong with running one if you do still want it. I've been thinking about putting one specifically for pod production on my main tank.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing jumps as of yet

Fish:

Yellow tang

6line wrasse

2 banghii Cardinals

Hawaiian spot puffer

I've never had a coral jump but.....

2 head hammer head (green)

Single head hammer (purple)

Red mushrooms

Some kinda sps (green polys)

3-4 heads Some kinda acans

• 1 month later...

Well you guys called it.....I've had 2 fish jump to certain death....the 6 line wrasse and a Hawaiian spot puffer ..got more clean up crew coming ... I made the mistake of ordering the wrong jebao powerheads so I sent them back to get smaller ones...I didn't realize how much water they move ...

The 2x  pp15 powerheads even on the lowest setting would blow water over my edges so I sent them back and hopefully will have either the pp8 or the pp4 replacements soon 

24 minutes ago, new55galSALT said:

Well you guys called it.....I've had 2 fish jump to certain death....the 6 line wrasse and a Hawaiian spot puffer ..got more clean up crew coming ... I made the mistake of ordering the wrong jebao powerheads so I sent them back to get smaller ones...I didn't realize how much water they move ...

The 2x  pp15 powerheads even on the lowest setting would blow water over my edges so I sent them back and hopefully will have either the pp8 or the pp4 replacements soon 

Yea those PP15's are crazy.  I have two of them on my 175 peninsula at one end and I only have them on level two.

8 hours ago, madsalt said:

Yea those PP15's are crazy.  I have two of them on my 175 peninsula at one end and I only have them on level two.

Yeah my 93 is 36"x36"x36" so level one was super crazy I had to have them on burst to stop water from over flowing 

• 4 weeks later...

well the company on ebay sent out 2 pp4 powerheads instead of the pp8s and they are too small in my eyes . but its better than nothing. i have added some more peppermint shrimp and a coral banded shrimp as well as more hermits and other snails for clean up. ive added some more coral and fighting green hair algae. i also took my old 40 breeder plopped some silver mollies in there and they are breeding what i hope to be some hair algae eating machines ..that is all i can think of for an update ill try to get some pics soon 

Archived