90 gallon return pump

Rocks Reef

I'm using a mag 12. I don't see any adverse effects so far. I haven't t'd off and running a brs dual reactor as well I plan to make a couple more t's eventually. One for biopellets for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Due to space constraints, I am running eheim compact+ pumps on all my tanks. Adjustable output, very quiet and reliable for an AC pump.

If I were going to purchase a new pump for return purposes, I would get a DC pump though. The good ones are literally dead silent and they have truly adjustable output using an electronic controller. They're superior to AC water pumps in just about every way possible.

Due to space constraints, I am running eheim compact+ pumps on all my tanks. Adjustable output, very quiet and reliable for an AC pump.

If I were going to purchase a new pump for return purposes, I would get a DC pump though. The good ones are literally dead silent and they have truly adjustable output using an electronic controller. They're superior to AC water pumps in just about every way possible.

+1. I have every intention to replace the mag 12 with a dc pump eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you. I had the pump laying around but will get a DC in the future.

For sure, just use what you have. Throw a decent ball valve (gate valve is ideal but they're expensive) on the output of the mag 12 and you can safely adjust it to whatever flow you need. Throttling the output of a pump is safe, don't ever throttle the input though. Can cause cavitation, overheating, and potentially ruin the pump in short order.

Archived