Skimmer

tom2

Does anyone know how I would be able to tell if a skimmer has gone bad or how long does a skimmer last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The acrylic body doesn't ever go bad. It can be damaged by you but it won't get damaged while in normal use. The motors go bad as jolt said. They usually last a couple years when they are new. It's a coin flip when they would go bad.

if the motor turns on an its set up at the same height as it was when it was working before then take it apart an clean it an check any seals make sure its not leaking put you hand around any parts that have to be sealed up while under water or hold them together as to make a better conection and see if the bubbles rise up to the cup again or if your near round rock bring it over ill tell you whats up with it paul cell 512 577 4614 n.p. got doc apmt at 1pm should be free before or after

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Cool I actually live down south haha so would be little far, the problem with it is that it used to pick up a lot and I would have to clean it like every 2 weeks but now it's like every month or 2 before I would have to clean it and it only skimmed like a centimeter worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like its losing strenth id check all connections under water an make sure the pumps not slowing dwn because it has build up inside or you havent or the unlikely chance you added more stuff to the same pwr source an running on low pwr or amps that you have it plugged into ie only if you stacked more stuff on the same 110 that wasnt there before if not trouble shoot one step at a time ez : )

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

My "new" (3 months old) skimmer began making less water pressure and bubbles but it was because there were little pieces of chaeto that got sucked into it and tangled on the needle wheel. Cleaning it made it work great again. I don't know how chaeto got in there because it's in the chamber that is past the skimmer but I just thought I'd share. Mine was wholly due to "dirty" equipment.

Archived