Back in the game with a 125 shallow reef build!

devildog1986

Yeah, looks to me like you could use more light, especially if you want to grow some of the more demanding corals.

As for ATO, most people use float valves and pumps, I'm more old school and antiquated and use a timer function on my Apex with an aqua lifter pump. I know how much water evaporates from my tank daily and I split that volume up over 12 dosing periods in a day. My aqua lifter will essentially turn on for about 30 seconds every 2 hours and it keeps my salinity stable and I never have to worry about a float valve getting stuck in the on position and overflowing the sump. Old, but tried and true IMO.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, looks to me like you could use more light, especially if you want to grow some of the more demanding corals.

As for ATO, most people use float valves and pumps, I'm more old school and antiquated and use a timer function on my Apex with an aqua lifter pump. I know how much water evaporates from my tank daily and I split that volume up over 12 dosing periods in a day. My aqua lifter will essentially turn on for about 30 seconds every 2 hours and it keeps my salinity stable and I never have to worry about a float valve getting stuck in the on position and overflowing the sump. Old, but tried and true IMO.

Thanks!

The lights were in a moon light setting when I took the pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a pic at 25%. I have them at a low setting because I don't have much life in there aside from Copepods and reef cleaners. b4ee46c264a53f90f04678d3b7f3c443.jpg

Nice, much better! grin.png

With only two light fixtures over a tank that size though I imagine you may have a few shaded areas that won't be able to have corals. Still looks really nice and sharp!

Thanks, I was originally planning on 3 but once I installed them and saw them at 100% I realized two was enough. I'll probably leave them at 25% until I get the mp40's there's no reason for more intensity with lps IMO

Archived