HAPPY 4th OF JULY

chatfouz

It's just a chunk of rock dude. Nothing to be proud about whatsoever. There is no independence to celebrate. US flags are made in China, so are the fireworks and everything else imaginable. Foreign interests precede our own. We're less free today than before Bush seized the country. We're all consumer whores and our lives only have meaning as long as we're buying things (and denying freedom to other countries would love to have an independence day from american aggression.) Enjoy the koolaid!

It's just a chunk of rock dude. Nothing to be proud about whatsoever. There is no independence to celebrate. US flags are made in China, so are the fireworks and everything else imaginable. Foreign interests precede our own. We're less free today than before Bush seized the country. We're all consumer whores and our lives only have meaning as long as we're buying things (and denying freedom to other countries would love to have an independence day from american aggression.) Enjoy the koolaid!

I am very sorry to hear that. I really am sorry you have no pride in your country or home. It amazes me honestly. 4th of july is when we celebrate our independence from england, when the ideals of farmers overthrew the most powerful military power of the time. We celebrate our group mentality as a nation that we are free to live, love and be. You have a problem with Bush? Ok so our free nation is going to get rid of him. Heck in San Francisco a group is going to rename a sewage plant after him in his honor. You think other countries could get away with that? No OUR FREE NATION gives us that right to ridicule our president to no end! That is what it means to be free. That is reason to celebrate.

Our privledges that is second to none is why americans were the first to fly a self powered airplane in the carolinas, the first to revolutionize personal trasportation from ford. Our flags are made in China? Many of thier crops are grown here...

Consumer whores... I am sorry you feel that way. I dont know what to tell you. We have money and people like to shop. I am sorry our country has been so prosperous that our citizens have extra money to spend and free time to enjoy hobbies not required to live like golf or keeping fish... Yes it is horrible that our country has been wealthy and prosperous. Being a world leader in technological advances is horrible for our people.

I am proud I live in America. I am proud that I can go to school and one semester study biology and the next study history. My friends in China do not have that opportunity. They can not study abroad. I have already studied 2x abroad because I have had opportunities to, by winning scholarships to study in Japan and France.

Sure we have problems but the fact that we CAN do something about our political or social issues is why we celebrate the 4th. That we have the OPPORTUNITY and RIGHT to change the way we think, act, vote, believe and behave... I love this Country and Proud to be American.

Edited by chatfouz