Hello All!

labrown

Just thought I'd finally sign up and start asking my own questions instead of feeding off of the threads of others! I have been a MAAST member for a while but have just started delving into reefkeeping, and need as much information as I can get! I bought this lighting system a few months ago:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...mp;pcatid=12772

(the 48" setup with 2 T5 actinic and 2 T5 10,000K)

I run the light about 9 hours total, 7.5 hrs or so of both lights and then some time before and after with just the actinics. I have a rock with three mushrooms in my tank so far that seem to be doing well. They love the light. But I have no idea where to go from here. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and digging up loads of new info! Thanks!

Welcome to the club! Did you have any specific questions?

Thanks for the warm welcome! :(

Oh I'm sure I'll get there soon. I probably ought to post more about my tank and then really I'm just looking for suggestions about how to improve my setup. I've had my tank for almost a year but have started dabbling with corals just within the last few months. I'm just glad to be getting started on the forum, and can't wait to find tons of pictures!

I don't have a very nice camera, so none of my pics are spectacular (it is a video camera with still photo capability, I'll try to post videos in the future).

This is what I can find offhand, my dwarf lion and my pencil urchin, both pretty little guys.

post-631-1215121747_thumb.jpg

post-631-1215121706_thumb.jpg

I've got a lot of info to post about my tank, such as what kind of mods I have done since I got it, and I'll try to include more pictures. For now, I have to go to work...

Edited by labrown

Welcome to the club. Love your urchin.

Thanks! I got him from the aquadome, he was about as big as my thumbnail and now he is about the size of my thumb. His spines are a lot longer too. He is hard to catch though, only comes out when my lunar lights are on.