Sand vacuum

KKAAY

I don't really care for the eheim one. Too much gets put back into the tank in my experience. I just carefully vac the sand when I do water changes with a python.

I also use the Python. Plunge down, 1 second, back up, and then let the sand fall out. You can do the same spot multiple times if you want. The Fluval vac is cheaper, but it's garbage; the hose kinks immediately and the connectors are easily broken.

I also use the Python. Plunge down, 1 second, back up, and then let the sand fall out. You can do the same spot multiple times if you want. The Fluval vac is cheaper, but it's garbage; the hose kinks immediately and the connectors are easily broken.

Where did you purchase the "Python"....thank you for the info

Many places carry it if you want to buy from the store that you're loyal to. Here's a link to the product on amazon. I bought mine on foster smith while it was on sale.

THX...ONE OTHER QUESTION.....DO YOU HAVE THE FINE SAND? THE ONE I HAVE IS LIKE THE PYTHON BUT WILL PICK UP THE SAND AS WELL.

Any siphon that you use will pick up the sand if you let it. I use reef grade sand and don't have any problems. If you're using a finer grade sand then it might be best to incorporate a stirring technique.

Archived