Going out of town.

JGon

I will be out of town for two weeks pretty soon. I would like to know if there is something I can do to keep the tank looking at least somewhat decent so that it doesn't require too much cleanup when I get back. I already have someone coming to feed and top off. I don't have anything fancy going on with my filtration. It's a hob marineland penguin 350. Filter media is just the blue pads with the carbon inside. So I was thinking of putting two bags of media in it in addition to the pads. One in each return chamber. Maybe purigen in one and phosguard in the other one??? What do you guys think???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'd just have the person coming over to feed and top off to feed much less than you do. People who generally don't have their own tank as add more than you want them to. Your fish will be fine to be fed less over those two weeks than for the person to accidentally overfeed and you'll have more problems than just fatter fish.

For your media bags and media, any chance you can have your friend keep up the same change regiment you do? I don't necessarily like the thought of doubling up media as it doesn't really equate to lasting twice as long... more so it lasts the same amount of time but 2x more powerful! Or change up your media regiment when you are out of town and unable to monitor any potential side effects.

Just my 2 cents.

FWIW, when I used to travel, barring anything going wrong, I came back to a tank that looked nicer than the one that I kept putting my hands into. doh.gif

Archived